Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Natural Habitat

I limped back into my room that I shared with Ruthie and her girls. Turns out, after my "big splash" yesterday, I had sprained my ankle so while every other kid was at the waterpark, I got to stay in a tiny bedroom, alone, but I was used to it. The room was painted pink, all kinds of pink. Hot pink,light pink, carnation pink, lot of pink. It disgusted me a little but I kept my thoughts to myself. Madeline and Rachel shared a queen style bunk bed. It was white with floral things around it. Madeline had baby pink sheets and Rachel had hot pink sheets. They also had tons of posters above their bunk bed. There were Glee posters,
(which I have learned, Rachel is OBSESSED with), Victoria Justice, Miranda Cosgrove, Cody Simpson, some boy group named Big Time Rush, AND MANY MORE! They have a bunch of magazines all over the place and their baby blue and pink cell phones were charging on their nightstands. Christine was more of a goth girl girly girl. Her side was painted dark pink with black polka dots and stripes. She had a large queen size bed that was black. Her sheets were dark pink and lavender. She had no posters around her really but she did have pictures of her and her family instead. She always had the same expression. A forced smile. She was extremely tall compared to the size of her 2 brothers, sister and parents. Ruthie side was a little girls dream bedroom. She had a huge canopy bed that was of course queen size, her sheets were colors of every single pink color you could imagine. She had a million posters above her bed it looked like she had taken every existing picture of evrey celebrity alive! Her cell phone was charging on her nightstand where her pink diary was resting. My side instead was dull. It was pink of course but there was nothing there other than a queen sized bed with of course, pink sheets,
"Here Becki, decorate your side so you could feel more at home," Madeline had said before leaving with rest of the girls to go swimming. She had given me tons of things like posters, stickers, little stars to put up on the ceiling but I just laid on my bed, doing nothing, on a perfect summer day. I looked at the closet the girls shared overflowing with dresses,skirts,jeans,shoes and shirts. The jewerly that they had placed on what they call their salon. I couldn't feel at home in a roomy paradise.
"BECKI! WE'RE GOING SHOPPING! WANNA COME WITH!" yelled Ruthie as she entered the room, her hair already dry and her curly brown hair dried,
"Sure." I say,getting up, limping to the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment