Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentines=lovers only?

I walked through the American Girl Place with my pajama's on. The store was still closed for maybe 2 hours. One of the Just Like You's was in charge of letting us know. I went to the cafe and grabbed myself something hot to drink the I went to Ivy's display. I called her name once
"Ivory"
Once she didn't answer, I knew I would have to be loud and take a chance of being notice by Julie who was already up and tortuting everyone.
"IVORY!"
Ivy jumped out of her box and punched me in the arm.
"What was that for" I screamed at Ivy
"I was in the middle of the perfect dream about destroying Lanie and Julie and you just cut me off at the parts where they lose their heads" She screamed back.
I cocked my head at Ivy. I loved the girl as a friend but sometimes I wonder if maybe she was dropped on the head at the factory. Before I was going to tell her that, one of the Just Like You's, Sarah, came running towards us. Sarah was Just Like You #29 and a sweetheart.Speaking of sweethearts, her pajama's matched her personality. As Sarah reached us, she screamed,
"HI BECKI! HI IVORY! WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING YOUR VALENTINE OUTFITS!?"
That's when it hit me. The hearts, all the people acting all lovey dovey, it was Valentines. Today I didn't even mind Sarah's exploding Selena Gomez music. The terrible cat screeching off her ipodwas blocked out of my ears and then Ivy spoke up.
"I don't celebrate Valentine's day. Who's there to love?"
I then looked up at Ivy as if I was about to slap her. For a couple reasons.
1. I thought I was her best friend. Shouldn't she do something to me?
2.If you tell something like that to Sarah, you better make yourself comfortable since she will start a speech about it now.
3. She will make us listen to her dumb love songs until Valentines day.
As if I had just predicted the future, that's exactly what happened thankfully, Sarah's speech was intereputed by her phone,
A thousand church bells ringing,
I can hear the angels singing,
When you call my name,
Your love is off the chain
The chemistry is crazy,
And you make me feel amazing,
And I can't explain,
Your love is off the chain

"Hello, this is Sarah Twitynin, who am I speaking with?"
Ivy and I listened in as the person on the other end introduced themselves. Sarah then said yes a few times and ran off but beforer I knew it, she was back with an invitation for me and Ivy, here's what it said.....

                                                 Rebecca Rachel Rubin
You have been invited to the AG and Hearts Ball, Saturday the 12th of February. Please be there by 5:30. We will be having a 3-course meal and entertainment. Make sure you bring a date.
                          
                                                                                                                     Hope you can make it,
                                                                                                                     AGD Society Council

As I finished reading the neatly written note, my mouth gaped open.
"See, now you do have something to do for Valentine!"

How many people have died at a Valentine Ball?

just "DISGUSTED" Becki,
Not famous,Not known

No comments:

Post a Comment