Monday, February 14, 2011

Enchanted P.S. Happy Valentine's Day

After running off on Saturday, I still wasn't brave enough to come out of my section. I got emails from Lanie and Julie about what they thought but I ignored. Sadly, Ivy finally broke into my box,
"REBECCA RACHEL RUBIN! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STAY HERE AND WEEP! THAT'S NOT WHAT YOU WERE MADE FOR! YOU ARE ONLY LETTING EVERYONE GET TO YOU! GET OUT KNOW AND GET OVER IT!"
I thought about what Ivy said but instead turned around in my bed and started crying more.
"FINE! BE THAT WAY! BUT TRUST ME, YOU'RE ONLY HURTING YOURSELF"
Ivy then pretended she left but I knew she didn't. She wouldn't leave just like that. I then put on Enchanted by Taylor Swift since that's exactly how I felt and no one not even Kyle could make me feel happier. I started singing the song

There I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity
Shifiting eyes and vancancy vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Your eyes whispered "have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette starts to make it's way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks like passing notes in secrecy
And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

I then heard a voice, a boy voice sing the next part


This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

I could tell the voice was Kyle's and sang the next part

The lingering question kept me up
2am, who do you love?
I wonder till I'm wide awake
Now I'm pacing back and forth, wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say,
It was enchanting to meet you
All I know is I was enchanted to meet you
I looked at Kyle and he said

"Rebecca, I am sorry about what happened on Saturday. I was hoping we can forget since I was truly enchanted to meet you."

I looked down at him but I was shaken awake by Ivy screaming at me. The truth was, I dreamed all this up. I knew it was too good to be true, even on Valentine's.

just Becki
Not famous,not known



No comments:

Post a Comment