Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hearts can be broken

At 5, Ivy and I rushed to were we stored our dresses. As we found them, we hurriedly put them on. If you were wondering how they look, here's a picture. This is Ivy's

And this one is mine

We threw the old dresses on quickly so no one would catch us then we rushed over to the party. There were a bunch of people already there. I hadn't seen Julie or Lanie yet but could tell they were there due to the commotion. Soon enough, Sarah approached us in a darling dress
Natalie Dress
She was walking over with one of the boys who I had secretly admired from afar. I listened as Whatcha' Say played and Sarah walked over. I straightened up my dress and I must've looked pretty stupid doing that since when I looked at Ivy she was looking at me funny.
"What?"
I asked.
"Hiya girlies. I knew you'd show up. See, no one wants to be alone on a Saturday night especially the Saturday night before Valentines Day."
I giggled in a nervous way,
"Yeah well maybe some people do"
Replied Ivy.
"Whatever. Anyway guys, I think you know Kyle. Kyle this is Rebecca and Ivy."
"It's Ivory"
I shot Ivy a look that said shut up or else.
"Well, it was nice seeing you girls"
"Wish it was like that for me too."
Replied Ivy before leaving to get some punch.
"Umm, I'll be back but you two should get along well huh."
I watched Sarah leave to go tell the band playing something.
"So, I see Ivory and Sarah don't get along too well."
said Kyle. Not sure of what to respond I said the first thing off the top of my head.
"Well, sometimes people have a bad day, sort of like Ivory's yesterday but there actually really close."
Embarassed of what I said, I was glad when the band finally said it was time for the sweethearts dance. EVERYONE MUST FIND A PARTNER!
"Well, since I am already here, would you like to dance Rebecca?"
In shock, I shook my head yes and we went to dance to Solo but unlike a Cinderella ball, I tripped over my long Gala dress walking with him. Of course, as if it was a bad luck thing, Julie walked over me in her high heels and dress carrying her punch, tripping over me letting the punch fly through the air spilling on Lanie and her dress. By now, I had had enough and couldn't wait to leave. I watched as everyone looked at me. Not sure of what to do next, I got up and flew out of there.

just Becki, flying SOLO,
Not famous, not known

P.S. In case you were wondering how Lanie and Julie's dresses looked, here are some pictures
Lanie

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment