Thursday, April 7, 2011

NA Na na.......

I came to rehearse my song after school. I had ditched glee club once again saying that I have WAY to much homework.  I walked to the auditiorium where it seemed a lot bigger than it did at try outs. There were a couple people there. I heard someone playing guitar backstage. I wasn't sure what to do but decided to throw my backpack on the floor and put my laptop next to it. I took off my jacket and headed backstage. "Hello?" I said,not sure who was still here. As I got closer I heard a voice, "When violet eyes get brighter,and heavy wings grow lighter,I'll taste the sky and feel alive again." The voice sounded familiar. As I leaned in a bit closer, I saw that the person singing was Kyle. I listened a little longer. Sadly this time I opened the door too far and knocked down some props. I watched as Kyle jumped up and turned around. "Hi." I said,"I came to rehearse my song but I don't need to bother you." I turned around,thinking I would die of embarresment. "WAIT!" I heard him yell after me. I turned around to see him onstage," I'm not supposed to be here anyway so you can come rehearse." I wasn't sure what to say so mumbled a thanks. I watched him go backstage."WHAT SONG!?" he yelled. I looked at him and said,"Uncharted." "OKAY!" he yelled back. I felt sort of embarresed to have him sit there and watched me but kept rehearsing,trying to forget he was there. As I finished the song, he stood up and clapped. "Thanks." I said, a bit of uncertain of what to say next since I was still in shock."You are really good." he said. "You are too." I said, noticing how lame it sounded so decided to add, "You have really high chances of winning.""Thanks." he said"But. I didn't enter." as he said that, I felt really stupid for what I just said so decided to say, "Oh,I'm sorry." "It's fine, Julie said that I should keep my talent to myself." That's when I remembered last friday, how I saw them kissing. Not sure what to say next, I decided to gather my stuff and leave but he stopped me once again and said, "She's singing too. I think you and her have a great chance of winning." hearing him say that, I got really angry inside knowing I would never want to be compared to Julie Albright. I heard myself mumble a thank you and leave.

~just Becki
not famous,not known

No comments:

Post a Comment