Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Picturing Us

I closed my locker. It was the end of the day and everyone was rushin out of school to hang out. After school activities had been canceled today since the teachers had some meeting so I knew I would be able to practice without an excuse today sadly, Ivy had caught up with me by now.
"Becki, I feel as if you have been avoiding me wayyyy to much lately, what's up?", she said. I didn't know what to say, I couldn't lie to my best friend but I couldn't tell her the truth so i said the closest I could get to the truth, "I've been busy." there, it was completely a lie at least but I could tell she could tell something was wrong. "Well, are you busy today?" she asked. i wanted to tell her the truth but knew she'd feel betrayed. I was so close to the auditorium, I could almost see Kyle singing. I guess I that Kyle must have been really good since the next thing Ivy said was, "What's that awesome sound?" Today Kyle was singing a song I recognized as Pictures of You by The Last Goodbye. I knew I couldn't make Ivy leave without a REALLY good reason so let her push open the door and come in. There was Kyle playing the piano. He looked supercute in his dark skinny jean and aeropostle shirt. He was wearing a hat and in his backpack I could see a skateboard sticking out. By now, Kyle and I had sort of adjusted to me coming in half way through his song. He looked up as he heard the heavy door close. "I'M MOVING!" he yelled loudly. That was out usual cue meaning that he's almost done and it's my turn.  I could see Ivy getting confused but didn't say anything. We got closer and he noticed two of us were there. I couldn't let Kyle blow this for me and said, "NO, you should keep playing, sorry for disturbing you." I tried to shoot Kyle a look that said not now but was out of luck as I heard Ivy yell, "Yeah, keep singing." she got quiter than and finished, "you have a great voice." Kyle sat down then, getting the message that maybe not today but as long he sang, I was dreaming about Kyle and........ME! I lost track of what was happening and didn't hear him finish. All I heard was Ivy say, "we've got to go, THANKS!" and was rushed out of the auditorium.

~just Becki
not famous,not known

No comments:

Post a Comment