Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Talents

I stood in line and waited for someone to call me up. The talent show was hosting some meeting of some sort today and wanted all participants. I held my entry with shaky hands. I had told Ivy and Kit that I had to skip glee since I wasn't feeling good. They believed me but now, I regretted saying that. I watched as some amazing people performed. There were many singers, [but most of them probably came since they had nothing else to do] acrobats,dancers, cheerleaders and pranksters. There were even some people reading poems and playing insturments. I watched as the girl before me got on stage. All I knew that her name was Cristine Sanchez and she's playing flute. I was too nervous to watch her and instead started practicing my own act. I had chosen to sing Uncharted from Sara Bareilles but before I could even start, I heard one of the teachers yell, NEXT! I came up on stage. The first thing I saw was some kids sitting in the auditiorium seats. I had stage fright, for many years and all these people were making it worse. The teacher asked, "What is your name and what are you doing." I didn't hear her the first time, or the second until she yelled it. "Rebecca." I replied quickly. "Rubin,Rebecca Rubin." "Thank you" she said but from her voice,I could tell she was annoyed. "And what will you be doing?" She asked. "Singing Uncharted by Sara Barreilles." I replied, a bit more confident. The teacher then cued the lights and I started singing. With each verse, I felt more stronger. By the time I got to "Each day I'm countin' up the minutes," I was beaming. I finished, turns out, I GOT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment