Friday, April 8, 2011

Talent Gleek

The bell rang and I headed out of reading. Mrs.Borling had been explaining some book to us that I didn't care about. I had been planning for my rehearsal today. I walked down the hall to my locker as Ivy,Sarah and Kit ran towards me. They had just gotten out of drama, [I had it 8th period and they have it 9th.] They were sort of smiling and giggling. Kit then said, "You're coming to glee today right? We are working on some new act and Mrs.Larson just gave us some pointers about it!" Kit and Ivy were the only ones I had glee with. Sarah is pretty popular but she hangs out with us. She was smiling too,"Yeah and she taught us this move I can use in cheer today. We can make a show from yor guys' glee songs and my cheer moves." I watched the girls. I had already set up my rehearsal today and the show was in 2 weeks from today. I knew that I had blowed off glee for WAYY too long and that they must be getting suspicious. So I went with them. It was true though, whatever Mrs.Larson had taught Ivy and Kit must have been really useful. I found out that I had missed a lot and had to sit in the back of the room watching the girls and taking notes.  watched the clock tick tock towards 4:30 and as we were dismised grabbed my stuff obviously not fast enough though since Mrs.Bergman stopped me. "Becki,I've noticed that you have missed a lot of rehearsal this week." I interuppted her and said, "Yeah, I am so sorry, I was....... extremely busy." Well, that was true, at least half of it. I was busy preparing for the talent show. Mrs.Bergman then continued,"Yes, I understand but am going to have to ask you to do some extra work and come in in the mornings to work on some glee stuff to get caught up. Maybe even during lunch." I listened carefully noticing that my plan hadn;t gone how I planned. This might just make my chances to win the talent show,smaller. I grabbed my stuff then and turned around, mumbling a little, mhhh, on my way out. I walked towards the auditiorium once again and saw Kyle practicing. This time, I got to listen without interrupting. I got on stage and once he finished said, "You have amazing talent." He thanked me but the thank you didn;t sound too sincere. I watched as he walked over to put my song on and I started practcing. 45 minutes later, I stopped and got off stage. Kyle was still there, he looked sad so as I got my stuff ready asked, "Are you okay?" he looked at his feet and said, "Julie dumped me but it doesn't matter." I wanted to smile a little but wasn't sure why. I could feel myself blushing but managed to get out an oh. Not knowing what to do next, I got up and walked out but he stopped me by saying, "But I think you are a lot talented then her." There was an awkward silence for a minute or 2 until I said, "Thanks." and walked out with a huge smile on my face.

~just Becki
not famous,not known

No comments:

Post a Comment